Thursday, July 10, 2014

What is Your Purpose in Life?

Large Tree 2

I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

According to an article, Top five regrets of the dying, "This was the most common regret of all. When people realize that their life is almost over and look back clearly on it, it is easy to see how many dreams have gone unfulfilled. Most people had not honoured even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made. Health brings a freedom very few realise until they no longer have it."

What do you do to avoid not living the life you want? Find your purpose in life.
Whatever you do, it is your choice; you are responsible for your own life. Things you decide to do or not do will influence the outcome of your life. The purpose of living is to be happy. You decide what is important in your life. You live your life with passion, energy and health.

This is how I find my life’s purpose. I start off with my personal mission statement:

As a blogger I write to inform, educate, guide, inspire and motivate my readers. I answer the questions of who, what, how, why and when.

I match it with my skills and what I am interested to do in which I am happy about it.
 
As soon as you have your personal mission statement written, you have to answer the following questions:

·        How often you do things as stated in your personal mission statement? You can’t change your life overnight. If you are not doing it now you may not be able to take off later. You have to start doing it now in a small way and build up your momentum.

·        Is it what you are good at? You will do what you are capable of doing and you will be happy and be engrossed in doing things that you enjoy and passionate about.

·        Do you find happiness and satisfaction in what you want to do?

·        Will you be consistent in doing it day in and day out?


When you cannot answer these questions with affirmation, you need to change your personal mission statement. Your personal mission statement is aligned with you talents, aspirations and values in life. As an example, you work in the office and you aspire to be a great chef. Is cooking your hobby? Have you been spending your free time in the kitchen cooking up some dishes?     Do you learn from others and read a lot about cooking?      


Conclusion:

The most important thing to remember is that if you cannot do great things, you do small things in a great way. You are in this world to play a role and you act the best you can. When you die people will remember you for what you have done in a positive light.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...