Monday, June 11, 2012

I Have Been Hit By Google Update Innocently




According to Wikipedia, Google Penguin is a code name for a Google algorithm update that was first announced on April 24, 2012. The update is aimed at decreasing search engine rankings of websites that violate Google’s Webmaster Guidelines by using black-hat SEO techniques such as keyword stuffing, cloaking, participating in link schemes, deliberate creation of duplicate content, and others.


In April I discovered that the traffic to my site took a nosedive. It was a drop of 35% from March. Traffic has gone down further in May by another 10%. My AdSense earnings have also suffered a blow.  If I were like some others who depend solely on Google for a living, I would be in deep shit.   

Google Update 1

 I did a Webmaster reconsideration and I got the following reply:

Google Update 2

I also gave feedback to Google by completing the following form at
Google Update 3  

A query which shows non-ideal results: 7 Soul-Searching Questions to Ask Yourself



Before the feedback you can't find the article:

Google Update 4



After providing my feedback, the article is in No.3 spot. 
Google Update 5


When I go to Bing my article is in No.1 spot on page one:


I understand that Google is doing a new update in June 2012, it is called the “Scissors”. You can read the report at Google Unveils Ambitious New Algorithm Update. I hope to regain my traffic soon. 

What is your take?

Related article:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...