Tuesday, March 27, 2012

How I Turned a Blog Post into a Press Release

How I Turned a Blog Post into a Press Release



On Sunday (March 25, 2012) I took out the following article which was newsworthy from among my unpublished articles and submitted it to free-press-release.com:



I did not alter the content as it was suitable to be published as a press release. This was my first attempt at press release:
 
1.   I opened an account with www.free-press-release.com. This site has a Google PageRank of 5 and an Alexa Traffic Rank of around 3000. It is free to open an account. I provided a brief bio and unloaded my image. As soon as I had posted the article I was able to ping it immediately to Facebook. Twitter, StumbleUpon and many other sites.

2.      Clickable link: As I checked my draft, I found out that it did not have a clickable link to my site.  I had to upgrade my free account to that of a Premier account by paying a minimum amount of $20/=. However, for each press release, I only need to pay $1/=, therefore I have a balance $19/= to do 19 more press releases with as much as three active links per press release to my site. Within 12 hours my draft was accepted and it was officially published.

3.       Benefits: For a free account, you are able to check the number of views for your press release, add Technorati tags and distribute via RSS. As a premier account holder, you are able to add active links to your blog, three images and other benefits. My first press release has accumulated  96 117 views.   

I find that press releases can boost the visibility of my site and get wider exposure and awareness. Most important of all I gain high-quality PR backlinks and improve my SEO.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...