Monday, December 28, 2009

An Attitude of Gratitude


Attitude of Gratitude

“There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.” ―Ralph H. Blum


It is coming to the end of yet another year; instead of pondering what you have achieved for the year why not focus on gratitude?

According to the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, gratitude is the feeling of being grateful and wanting to express your thanks.

These are the things in life that I am grateful for and I am expressing my appreciation and thankfulness here.

  • To be alive: Thankful to God that I am alive to enjoy every breath of life and to enjoy abundant living.

  • My country: Glad to live in Malaysia, a cosmopolitan country, which is free from natural disasters. Most people from different races are living cordially and happily with each other.

  • My neighbor: We live in peace and we are tolerant of each other. When we see each other we smile.

  • My wife: I am happy that we are able to go through thick and thin and to bring up our two children together.

  • My children: They are brilliant children and are able to enjoy what they have given in life.

  • My sister: Over the last two years she has been editing my articles without fail. I appreciate her work to help reduce errors in my articles to almost zero.

  • My friends: I have few friends but I am grateful we check out each other and we never take advantage of our friendship.

  • My readers and followers: I am grateful to my readers and subscribers who keep me hanging on over the last two years. There are comments and I value their positive input. I wish to thank from the bottom of my heart, especially, the followers of my blog and those at the social networking sites.

  • Me and my family: I am thankful to God that I am able to enjoy good health. I am also grateful that I am debt-free even though I may not be rich. I am appreciative of my employer who is keeping me in their payroll though I am old enough to retire. I am also thankful that we have a roof over our head and to enjoy what we have in life. I am also happy that we are living together as one family unit.

Gratitude can increase your levels of well-being and happiness Gratitude thinking is also associated with increased levels of energy, optimism, and empathy.

Start today to adopt an attitude of gratitude and be appreciative and thankful for what you have in life. Can you share your gratitude here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...