Friday, September 19, 2008

Happiness in Gratitude

If you want to find happiness, find gratitude.


A grateful person is a happy person. In China, during the Sichuan earthquake, a man carried his mother in a basket from the mountain to safety. The son is a happy son because he has saved his mother‘s life. And the mother is a happy mother because she has brought up a son who knows about gratitude.

I m not a Christian, but every night when I go to sleep I thank God that I have a great day and I can go to sleep with peace of mind. When I am awake I tell myself the same thing,” I thank God for giving me another great day to live.” I am also grateful to God because I am in good health and I have a happy family.

Here are a few things you can do to develop gratitude so that you can be happy as well:
You will be amazed to see the positive effect immediately.

• Every day give thanks for everything that you have in life
• Give to others, not necessarily a present, you just wish someone you meet to have a nice day or pray for their happiness.
• Send a gift unexpectedly to someone you are grateful for.
• Send a thank-you note.

According to Jack Canfield, the co-creator of Chicken Soup for the Soul, he mentions that when you are in a state of appreciation and gratitude, you are in a state of abundance. You are appreciating what you do have instead of focusing on and complaining about what you don’t have. Your focus is on what you have received, and you always get more of what you focus on.

When gratitude becomes a way of life, you will get success, health, and happiness.

Image source:https://www.pinterest.com/pin/10555380362590668/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...